How does the fundamental yogic principle of Ahimsa (non-harming)apply to nutrition?
- Do no harm to yourself:
- eat unprocessed whole foods as much as possible, avoid packaged foods, sodas,
- Eat vegetables and fruits and nuts and grains
- Do no harm to other beings
- Eat vegetarian or vegan as much as possible
- Do no harm to the environment
- Avoid meat consumption which contributes greatly to climate change
Jill the Health Coach | For a Lifetime of Good Health
Focus on the act of eating , try to avoid watching TV or other distractions.
Focus on what it is you are eating, of the food in the mouth, be grateful for it.
Eat slowly, chew the food completely.